Monday, October 23, 2023

Weekly Entertainment News 10/23/23



Blueface Hit With $13 Million In Damages Over Vegas Strip Club Shooting

According to legal docs, obtained by TMZ Hip Hop, Euphoric Gentleman's Club sued Blueface over the incident, claiming his business was ruined because of the shooting incident ... and just won summary judgment in the amount of $13,072,482.

If you missed it, the club's owner erupted following the shooting, calling for Blueface's arrest and then some ... and now the court agrees he's gotta pay up.

The whopping bill is broken down into several categories ... $12.6 million in lost revenue, lease damages of $198K, $84k in payroll expenses to employees who had to be paid following the club's Nov. 2022 shutdown, and more.

BF received a suspended sentence after taking a plea deal in the criminal case related to the incident, meaning he'll only have 3 years of probation and won't be serving any time behind bars if he keeps his nose clean.

It's unclear if BF plans to appeal ... he had no attorney listed for the civil case and it looks like he failed to appear in court to even challenge this latest ruling.


2 CHAINZ REVEALS HE STARTED OUT AS LIL WAYNE'S WEED CONNECT

2 Chainz and Lil Wayne have been friends for well over a decade, and the pair have now revealed the origins of their longtime bromance.

On Friday (October 20), Weezy and Tity Boi appeared on NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, where prior to hitting the stage to perform their smash hit, “Presha,” the duo gushed about their longtime friendship.

“I mean, once we linked up, we were friends from there,” said Weezy, noting they first met at an Atlanta studio. 2 Chainz came across to Wayne as a laid-back guy who graduated from college and hooped.

He also noted that they had the “same type of attitude” but “didn’t know he rapped at the time.”

When asked to elaborate on how the pair began as longtime collaborators, they both appeared to get a little shy. “Uh…Wayne wanted cannabis,” said 2 Chainz, signaling to Fallon he was at one point in time Tunechi’s weed supplier.

“And so every time I would go to Atlanta and I wanted to speak about that one thing [marijuana], I would always call [2 Chainz] to talk about that,” Wayne added.


CHRISEAN ROCK SCOLDED FOR TREATING HER BABY LIKE A 'PROP' AT FAN MEET & GREET

Chrisean Rock has landed in hot water yet again for her parenting skills, with people online calling her out for the way she handles her baby boy in public.

On Sunday (October 22), the 23-year-old hosted a number of her fans at an event for mothers and children. Some social media users, however, were upset that she brought her child along to the crowded gathering, especially because of the manner in which she was carrying him around.

“That baby just be getting tossed around like a prop,” one person commented under a post by The Neighborhood Talk sharing footage from the meet and greet. In the same spirit, another user wrote: “Whew he def gone have the strongest immune system at the daycare cause he be around everything and everybody.”

Still, not everyone saw the child’s public appearance as a negative thing. In defending the reality television star, one person said: “Y’all aways tryna figure out, why she takes him everywhere with her/he’s around so much I’M SURE ITS BECAUSE SHE FEELS SHE WANTS TO PROTECT HIM AT ALL TIMES. I commend her for this.”

Similarly, another added: “I see a mom doing the best she can to the best of her abilities.”


GUCCI MANE TAKES ISSUE WITH JOE BUDDEN'S 'UNFAIR' CRITICISM OF 1017 LABEL

Gucci Mane has explained his approach to running a business after Joe Budden faulted the Southern rapper’s judgement regarding the artists he signed to his label.

During a recent interview with The Morning Hustle, the 43-year-old was asked about the podcaster’s comments and taking responsibility for the artists he signs to New 1017 Records given some of their criminal backgrounds.

“I think that’s unfair, y’know what I’m saying, for him to say that, but I guess he’s entitled to his opinion,” he said. “But to me, who else gon’ give them a chance, y’know what I’m saying?

“Like, I’m not tryin’ to sign the guys who don’t need no help; I’m signing the guys who don’t nobody wanna sign. Who saying like, ‘Ooh, you got a criminal record, we gon’ stay away from you’ — them the guys I’m giving a chance.”

He added: “If they were to run my background and my criminal shit, I won’t have had no deal, y’feel what I’m saying? So my whole thing is, I wanna help — this my way of giving back. I always wanna give back.

“I’m tellin’ them to not get in trouble. I’m not signing them and saying ‘It’s cool’ — I’m tryna be the example that’s saying, ‘Look what I’m doing, see how I’m taking all this stuff serious and being professional.’ I’m leading by example.”

Earlier this year, Budden raised skepticism about Gucci Mane’s A&R talents after a slew of his imprint signees were either dropped, locked up or, in one instance, killed.


YOUNG THUG'S STATEMENTS ON LIL WAYNE TOUR BUS SHOOTING DEEMED ADMISSIBLE IN YSL RICO TRIAL

Young Thug has hit a minor setback in his ongoing RICO case — prosecutors will be able to use an old interview about the Lil Wayne tour bus shooting against him.

The decision, rendered by Judge Ural Glanville on October 12, rules that Fulton County prosecutors will be able to use a long conversation Thug had with authorities in July, 2015. The talk stemmed from an investigation into an April 2015 shooting of Lil Wayne’s tour bus. (Thug was in custody at the time after being arrested for an unrelated incident). Thug was ultimately never charged for the Wayne-related shooting. His talk with the authorities about the tour bus situation lasted for two hours.


BLUEFACE GETS ENGAGED TO JAIDYN ALEXIS, TAKES AIM AT HIS 'WH-RE' MOTHER

Blueface has gotten engaged to Jaidyn Alexis and wasted little time in using the news as as ammo against his mother, with whom he’s been at odds for some time.

The California rapper popped the question to his girlfriend during the Los Angeles Rams vs. Pittsburgh Steelers game at SoFi Stadium on Sunday (October 22).

“Alright, I’m about to propose to Jaidyn,” he said in a video prior to the proposal. “I’m so nervous. Oh my God. I know she gon’ say yes but the timing is — I’m at the game, you know, halftime, the timing is weird.

“I think I’ma bring everyone in and make it personal and intimate but I’m just so nervous. And I know y’all gon’ be like, ‘Why are you doing this?’ Listen, I’m famous, I’m rich already. I know she ain’t gon’ do no weird shit. I just know. When you know, you know. Wish me luck.”

A video of the proposal captured Blueface getting down on one knee and popping the question. After she said yes, he kissed an emotional Jaidyn Alexis and placed a ring on her finger.

The couple share two children, a son named Javaughn and a daughter called Journey. Blueface has another child with his ex-girlfriend and Crazy In Love co-star Chrisean Rock, who was born in September.