Saturday, December 16, 2023

Weekly Entertainment News (weekend)



B.G. & GUCCI MANE GIVE EACH OTHER FLOWERS AS THEY DETAIL HOW COLLAB PROJECT CAME TOGETHER


B.G. and Gucci Mane just dropped off their joint mixtape, Choppers & Bricks, and the pair has revealed that they equally impressed each other as they were putting the project together.

The Southern rap legends sat down with the Rap Radar Podcast in an interview published on Thursday (December 14), where they gave each other their flowers for the verses they each put down.

“When he told me let’s do the tape and start sending me records, it became apparent to me soon like damn, all these songs hard,” La Flare said.

B.G. added: “I ain’t lying, though – there was a couple of records that I sent and he sent back that I wanted to change my verse on. I called him like, ‘Wop, man, you crushed me on this one! I think I might need to go back in.’ But I ain’t go back in and touch it though. And he’d hit me like, ‘Aw man you got off on this record!’ And I’m like aight yeah, that’s what’s up. But yeah, it was a friendly competition but I think we pushed each other to go hard and it came out to be what it is.”

You can check out the conversation and stream the tape below.

The 13-track project features appearances from Mike WiLL Made-It, C Murder and more.


Offset's MESSY SPLIT FROM CARDI B

Things took a turn on Friday (December 15), however, when the “Bongos” rapper took to X (formerly Twitter) to issue her soon-to-be ex-husband a tongue-lashing.

“@OffsetYRN you a b-tch ass n-kkaa …and trust me imma f-ckin take it there!” she fired off in her initial tweet.

“Mufukas will try you when you at ya lowest and your most vulnerable time.. you out here feeling yourself but trust me the tables turn,” she added in a separate post.

Cardi later went on Instagram Live and unloaded on Offset some more, accusing him of doing her “dirty” and failing to show gratitude for her “help.”

“I really, really don’t like doing the internet shit, but the sad shit is — stop calling me,” she vented. “‘Cause you will fucking talk to a n-gga and a muthafucka will play in your fucking face over and over and over again and still be like, ‘Watch what I’m about to do, watch what I’m about to say.’

“And it’s so fucking sad that a n-gga like to play games with me when I’m at my most vulnerable time, when I’m not the most confident. They like to play games with me because he knows I’m not an easy girl. Yesterday, I could have been out, I could have been chilling, I could have been this and that.

She added: “He knows I’m in my house, he knows I’m not doing the most and I’ve really been sparing you. You’ve been fucking feeling yourself because of your album and shit and you’ve really been doing me dirty after so many fucking years that I helped your ass, not even a fucking thank you that I got.

“And it’s so crazy that I gotta go the fucking internet because whenever the fuck I tell you somethingyou don’t take shit seriously,” Cardi concluded. “And I’m so tired of it! I’m so fucking tired of this [expletives]!”


SEXYY RED CHECKS JESS HILARIOUS DURING 'BREAKFAST CLUB' INTERVIEW: 'I DON'T MESS WITH YOU'

Sexyy Red has confronted The Breakfast Club co-host Jess Hilarious over past comments that she didn’t take kindly to.

During an appearance on the popular radio show on Friday (December 15), the “Pound Town” rapper initially refused to acknowledge the comedian/radio personality, before confronting Jess over her history of “sneak dissing.”

“I don’t mess with you,” Sexyy said when quizzed about her dislike of Hilarious. “You be sneak dissing. I see everything. I was trying to see y’all wasn’t sneak dissing before I came up here too. I check everything.”

When asked to elaborate on her grievances, the St. Louis native explained: “I don’t like being brought up, especially when people talking shit and all that.”

While Sexyy Red remained tight-lipped about the finer details, in her defense Jess argued that while she doesn’t “agree with everything,” she doesn’t go out of her way to drag someone through the mud. She also said she’s a fan of Red’s music.

“I just be hearing shit, I be seeing shit on the internet,” Sexyy interjected. Asked once more for examples, the “SkeeYee” rhymer added: “Once somebody rub me the wrong way I just, it’s just.”


CARDI B RESPONDS AFTER NICKI MINAJ THROWS SHADE AT HER & MEGAN THEE STALLION

Cardi B has seemingly responded to Nicki Minaj throwing shade at her and Megan Thee Stallion while accusing Billboard of disqualifying some of her album sales.

On Thursday (December 14), Nicki took to X (formerly Twitter) where she called out Billboard for allegedly discounting 100,000 first-week units of her new album Pink Friday 2 due to her “100 Barbz” contest requiring fans to buy four copies each.

In her rant, she also alluded to Cardi and Meg’s 2020 “WAP” campaign in which they joined forces with Cash App to donate $1 million to women in need.

“Been discussing my 100 barbz contest for months,” Nicki wrote in a since-deleted post. “They said billboard reached out to say they gon take away sales for me telling y’all about the 100 barbz thing. Can’t wait until these next 6 hours are up so I can tell y’all some shit.

“You can give out millions in cashapp money tho. Lol. So barbz, me asking you to show PROOF of something that was already DELIVERED OR PURCHASED IS AGAINST THE RULES. SO pls disregard. Apologies.”

Shortly after, Cardi B appeared to react to Nicki Minaj’s comment by liking a post that pointed out some key differences between her and Megan’s “WAP” campaign and Nicki’s Pink Friday 2 contest.

“The CashApp partnership for WAP was during the end of the second week. It was already number one and it required NO proof of purchase and didn’t even require you to be a Cardi fan,” it read. “The only requirement was that you had to be a WOMAN who could use the extra funds.”

After her “like” was picked up by The Neighborhood Talk, the Bronx rap star hopped into the comments to address the commotion.

“Please post who was liking shit with my name in it first,” she wrote. “Please post how because of that I started gettin dragged on Twitter about lies!! Ya always posting my response but never when I’m being antagonized and lied on.. I was minding my business!!


GLORILLA HITS BACK AT FABOLOUS' FEMALE RAP CRITIQUE: 'WHAT [DO] MEN RAP ABOUT?'

GloRilla has fired back at Fabolous after his recent comments on the current state of female rap, offering her own critique of her male counterparts’ music.

Back in July, Fab took to social media to criticize what he thinks has become a one-dimensional genre, claiming that women in Hip Hop only make one style of rap.

On his Instagram Story, the Brooklyn native wrote: “I love hearing female rappers talking some real shit. Women are so strong. Have so many stories and perspectives that we need to hear in pure form.”

He added: “No disrespect to any female rappers out there, but I think there’s only one style of female rap being promoted, programmed, and looked at as successful now.”

GloRilla responded to Fab’s comments in a GQ cover story published on Wednesday (December 13). She challenged Fab’s critique by pointing out the negativity in male rappers’ content: “What men rap about? Killing, fucking, robbing, cars, money.”

“Females rapping about the same shit,” she continued. “But guess what? We’re not killing. We’re not in gangs. We’re not robbing. That’s what men be doing. What we doing? We’re sitting pretty, we’re popping our shit, we’re hustling, we’re getting money. We fuck, so we rap about what we do.”


DIDDY BRINGS ON NEW LEGAL TEAM TO HANDLE RECENT TROUBLES

Diddy has hired a high-powered legal team to help him in his fight against a pair of sexual assault cases.

Per AllHipHop, attorneys Jonathan D. Davis, Alyssa M. Pronley and Anthony C. LoMonaco are on board to represent Diddy — born Sean Combs — in the two cases filed by Joi Dickerson-Neal and Jane Doe. The notices advising the courts of his legal council were made with the New York County Clerk on Wednesday (December 13).

In addition to Diddy, former Bad Boy president Harve Pierre, Bad Boy Records and Diddy Enterprises are all listed as defendants.

Diddy spoke out earlier in December, vehemently denying all of the egregious allegations made against him in recent weeks.

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,” he wrote. “For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy.”

Diddy continued to accuse the alleged victims of looking for a “quick payday” and he is pleading with fans that he hasn’t done “any of the awful things being alleged.”


KRSOne & Mc Hammer Missing At Grammy's Celebration Of Hip Hop

KRS-One is the latest hip hop legend to emerge as a HipHop50 celebration defector, and his reasons are crystal clear -- the Grammys aren't worthy of his presence!!! But Hammer said he made a conscious choice not to participate in any 50th anniversary celebrations. At a Tupac Shakur street naming ceremony in Oakland recently, he said, “You ain't hear me go to none of these Hip-Hop 50 — and just for the record, I got invited to every one.”